Digital marketing is not a new term but very much in trend nowadays. You are already a part of this or experiencing its existence before you weather you may aware of the term or not.
Definition: Per Wikipedia
“Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.”
Let’s try to understand it in simple terms: Digital Marketing is the combination of two terms:
So..Promoting , branding or increasing awareness of any product, service or event via digital media channels (Where IOT is involved) is digital marketing.
Digital marketing is broadly divided as:
- Search Engine: It is a procedure through which one can improve the ranking of his/her page in search engine results while searched with a particular search query (search words).
It involves two practices:
- SEO : Search Engine Optimization is the procedure through which the ranking of a page can be improved organically on search results .
- PPC : Pay Per Click is the practice where one has to pay to the search engine for being sponsored or advertise.
- Social Media: This is another aspect of digital marketing where media is various social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ Etc.
- Video Marketing: Another aspect where promotion on various digital platforms is done with short and attractive videos.
- Content Marketing: In this aspect to reach the target audiences organizations do use blogs or interesting pages under which content is attractive enough to attract target group.
- Viral Marketing: This is one of the most risky marketing as it is really hard to differentiate the fact or fake information and impacts direct customers.
- Affiliate Marketing: It is 3rd party marketing where one who is promoting the business of other is getting certain percentage of profit on every single conversion of lead into sale.
- e-Mail/ SMS Marketing : Under this category the marketing is being done through sending mobile messages or emails to target.
Do write in case of any question related to any term.
In next post we will discuss about why to opt for digital marketing along with ordinary marketing. 🙂